Thursday, July 09, 2009

I'm back

Okay, I'm back. I took a long break from blogging. Sometimes typing is such a chore!! It's so much easier to sit at the computer and move my one finger and cruise the internet instead. How lazy. But I have soooo much to blog about. I may even try to do a post a day for a while. Who knows? Sounds like a lot of work. But maybe....just maybe....

I'm going to start my catching up by blogging about our FIRST family vacation last month. We flew to Utah and drove to Flaming Gorge for a couple days with Keith's family. It's the first time his brothers have been together since 2004. His brothers (he's one of 5 boys) are pretty spread out (New Jersey, Alaska, Utah, Kentucky, and parents in Wyoming) so it's tough finding time to get together. It only took about a year of planning but it finally came together.

And stupid me never pulled out the camera.

We have a couple really lame shots of us playing around at Flaming Gorge.




But we really had so much fun! We camped for 3 nights right by the Gorge and we spent a day out on the boats. On another day, we took rafts down the Green River. The weather guessers had been forecasting rain for the whole trip but it ended up being fantastic. Keith and I snuck in a 6 mile trail run--where I got sick in the middle and wanted to puke and die. I gotta remember about that whole altitude thing next time I go out West. Don't do that 24 hours after flying to the mountains.

I wish I had better pics of this fun trip! (Hint to family members that have better pictures....send me some.)

Next up on the blog...Lake Tahoe!!!

1 comments:

Michelle Burk said...

Sounds awesome! Glad you had a chance to come west. Don't worry about the blogging thing--I've been horrible this summer too. Maybe by Fall, when we settle back into schedules, we'll all be a little more consistent. Can't wait to read more!