Friday, July 17, 2009

Big Boy Bennett turns FOUR!!!

Okay, so it was a couple weeks ago. June 30th, actually. But I already gave my excuses for being a lazy blogger so I don't need to go there again.

All I'm saying is HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENNETT!!!! He is stoked out of his mind to be four. It's so funny how a birthday is a totally life changing experience for a kid. So fun.

They day started out with Bennett's choice of breakfast on the traditional red plate. (Oh no! Waffles! I did NOT leave the room this time. Lesson learned.)




The rest of the morning was spent playing on his new slip and slide. SO FUN!!!


Keith took off work early and we went to the water park later. Bennett had a blast going on the big water slides and swimming around in the lazy river. Have I mentioned that Bennett has learned to swim??? Totally. Those lessons have paid off. :)

Then, a birthday party with a few of Bennett's friends. Complete with a pinata, even. Listen, I'm no Martha Stewart party planner. Don't judge, okay?



Then, the cake. Oh the cake. When I showed it to Bennett, he said "Wow, it's an H!"

Admittedly, I need to get some Martha Stewart party skills.



We LOVE this 4 year old kid!

2 comments:

Linn said...

Happy Birthday Bennett! That is one awesome "H" cake!

Lindsay said...

Please tell Bennett Happy Birthday for me. He is such a sweet boy. I can't believe he is riding sans-training wheels. What a big boy.

Your cake rocks, don't doubt your party planning skills. I love the sprinkles on top.