Friday, July 10, 2009

I {heart} Lake Tahoe

I'll just say this...WOW.

Lake Tahoe was such a blast!!! After we left Keith's family party at Flaming Gorge, we drove to Lake Tahoe. We rented a house in Incline Village and were joined by all my family and our gaggle of kids. We totaled 14 adults and 16 kids. Sheesh!!! But we all had bedrooms (except Shannon and Dave, sorry guys--thanks for taking one for the team) so we had plenty of space to be together, and apart. Oh gosh, it was a dreamy 6 days.

Once again, I hardly pulled out the camera. Why, oh why????

The great thing about Lake Tahoe and my family is that there was something for EVERYONE. Bikes, hikes, rocks, beaches, shops, mountains, water....what else could you possibly want???

First off, biking. Mountain biking, road biking, and even an impossibly large amount of paved bike trails for my super hard core mom. Biking was pretty much a daily requirement for everyone. The crazy brothers got pummeled on some nutty trail ride every day. And the sisters got to go out for a few girls rides at night. Pretty much, the sisters rule. It was so much fun to hang out with them and enjoy breaking a sweat without the kids! Those girls are hard. :)

And then there was rock climbing. Oh man, was there ever rock climbing. People, this is the kind of rock climbing that you will dream about for weeks afterwards. WOW. Just wow. I only got to get out for one day with Keith (kids really are an anchor sometimes for things like that--but you know I love their little guts). We climbed in Lover's Leap and did the Corrugated Corner and Surrealistic Pillar. Super SUPER classic climbs. In fact, I rank them in the top three climbs I have ever done. But, funny thing, I can't really remember what other two I would put in the top three. It was just that good.

Nothing like a 4:30 am start to get things rolling. That's Keith Card style for ya. :)


A beautiful crack line. And some crazy exposure. Pulling out onto the arete on the 3rd pitch of the Surrealistic Pillar was crazy. Absolutely nothing but air underneath you. Kinda scary! But fun fun fun.

Amazing. So fun and so gorgeous. My fingers are dying to go back and climb that granite again!

Next up: hikes.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Wow. I've only gone outside rock climbing once in Utah and I loved it. You guys make me want to go again and again. I need to start working out my arms so you can take me:)

Linn said...

That looks so fun--and if I had any clue had to do it, I'm sure it would look even even more fun. Such a cute picture of you Andrea!