Another fun thing about Tahoe...hikes.
We went on a couple of really fun, beautiful hikes while we were there. We didn't summit any peaks due to snow conditions but we still had a blast. The kids are really good sports. They love being outside and they do well hanging out in the backpacks--mostly. There is usually at least one meltdown but we can wear them down pretty quick and offer yummy bribes to get back in the pack. It's a pretty good system. At least until Leah gets much heavier or I get waaaaay stronger. :)




And one more thing. Sunset....
I really miss a good Utah sunset. Sunsets around here are usually obscured by the trees. Nothing like a good sunset across the barren wasteland of the salt flats. That view helped ease the pain of the ride back to SLC to catch our flight home.
So, Tahoe anyone? We are already trying to figure out a way to go back soon!
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Hikin'
Posted by Andrea at 5:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Andrea-you and Keith are amazing. Ben and I just jaw-drop every time we read your blog. 2 Kids to the top of how many mountains? It's inspiring really! And exhausting just to read-but look so fun. We'll just live through ok?
I sure hope that none of my old climbing buddies see this and know that I got old and became a hiker! I could never live with the shame.
Keith
Hey, did you know they make these things called "lounge chairs?" They're awesome, they're really comfortable, you lay back, put your feet up, and day dream. It's what the rest of us sit in while you're out hiking mtns and biking miles and miles of trails. You should try one out. They're awesome! : )
Post a Comment