Friday, December 28, 2007

"I'm crying about my mommy."

Bennett has been a good big brother. He seems to really love Leah and always wants to kiss and hold her. His kisses are a little rough sometimes but his intentions are good.

The only thing where he has struggled in the past week is bedtime. Normally he is really easy to put down. We read a few books, sing a couple songs, then say goodnight. He rarely has problems where we need to go back into his room to calm him down. But the last few nights he's been freaking out crying for mommy. Even if Keith is in charge of bedtime, he still cries for me. He calms down if I'm in the room but the second I leave, he cries for me hysterically. So unlike him.

Last night after I walked away, he did this and Keith went in to soothe him. He asked Bennett why he was so sad. His response was "I'm crying about my mommy."

Keith settled him down and came downstairs to tell me this. Oh, it broke my heart! It still makes me cry just thinking about his hurt little feelings. I am trying really hard to pay lots of attention to him. As much as I can (since I'm still sore), I get down on the floor and play with him or read him books or just hang out like we used to. But it's still different and it always will be now that I have another person to take care of. My little guy is so tender.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so tender. Sweet little guy.

Terra said...

Poor Bennett. That is so hard! It is nice to know that you are so loved and can't be replaced though!:)
Terra

yamsey said...

Hang in there Andrea! The good news is he won't really remember it when he is older. Don't torture yourself about it too much. Samuel survived. I'm sure Bennett will too.

Jami said...

Oh man, this reminds me so much of how Trenty was and still is a little bit. It is way hard.