Still no baby. Maybe I'll start updating the blog daily so no one loses sleep over whether or not I'm in labor.
A friend reminded me a few weeks ago of a remark I made shortly after having Bennett. They were expecting their own first baby at the time and were naturally curious what birth would be like. They asked me how it was. I don't remember saying this, but in their own words, my response to them was..."It was like WAR."
I do remember that my recovery was so bad that I had a hard time imagining that I could ever do it again. During those first few weeks when my memory was still way too vivid, I remember being stopped in my car at a red light and watching a very pregnant woman cross the street in front of me. I almost wanted to cry for her, knowing what lay ahead. That poor unsuspecting woman was about to go to war. She had no idea...
It feels really weird to be a ticking time bomb. I'm not really dwelling on it though. Life just goes on. I still have to go grocery shopping. I still gotta put gas in the car. I still have Christmas to prepare for. Life is still as busy today as it was yesterday. But when the phone rings and it's someone else asking if I'm in labor, that's when I'm reminded what a freaky position I'm in. At any moment, I could be minutes, hours, or even days away from war. :shudder:
Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond excited to meet our baby girl. And I'm ridiculously uncomfortable so the thought of going to war doesn't sound terribly bad if it means I'll be able to bend over again. But still, every now and then as I'm waddling around in some public place, I wonder if some new mom whose memory of birth is still fresh is shaking her head in pity for me, thinking 'that poor unsuspecting woman....'
I'll keep you posted.
Friday, December 14, 2007
War
Posted by Andrea at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I vote YES to the daily update! I've thought of you so much and keep expecting to hear something. Are you dilating yet? (If that's too personal a question, don't answer--just wondering!)
Speaking from my own experience, #2was much less of a "battle". I hope the delivery and recovery go smoothly. Can't wait to hear!
my #2 birth was heavenly compared to #1. good luck!
joy
I wish Santa came on a firetruck to my house!
Post a Comment