Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Alone

Keith went back to work today.

Meanwhile, I'm getting my butt kicked. This having two kids thing is seriously rough all alone. Leah got super spoiled when Grandma Card was here and doesn't really know what it's like to not be held all the time. I'm amazed how much I was able to still do one-handed though. I actually made dinner, did some laundry, AND had a badly needed nap (while holding her, of course). But by the time Keith got home, it was already bedtime and I was totally cooked. He had to bail me out and take over with the bedtime routines or else I would have melted down. Although, he might argue that I melted anyway. : )

Two more days until the weekend.....I can do this.

Right?

5 comments:

Adri said...

You can do it, Andrea!!! Do you have a Baby Bjorn? It saved me when my #2 was a colicky cranky mess! Good luck and hooray for weekends!

Anonymous said...

come to my office at the hospital and hang out with me all day :) It's quiet hear..we need to get together soon! luv t

Jami said...

I have no suggestions, but I can say that I kind of know what you're going through. It's hard.

Kate Edmondson said...

Josh went through that the first 3 months, he wouldn't sleep unless he was constantly being held. Don't know what I would do if I had had to take care of another baby at the same time... Pray alot, I think, and have a few nervous breakdowns!

Mindy said...

Hang in there, Andrea.
I always shed a few tears on the first day "alone" after each one of my babies. I wish I could be there to help! Good luck. We miss you so much.