I took Leah to the doctor on Friday for her one-month checkup. She now weighs 12 pounds 4 oz. Wow.
I didn't take a lot of pictures while Shannon was here because she does a much better job than I do. But I did document the cake. Yum. This cake is three layers and nearly a foot tall of chocolate sinfulness. It has everything bad in it that you can possibly throw at a chocolate cake. Expect maybe sprinkles. It uses two full boxes of baking chocolate, plus cocoa, heavy cream, cream cheese, sour cream, loads of sugar, plenty of butter. And, oh yeah, some flour to hold it all together. This cake is rich. She flew out to visit on the day after her birthday so I made it for her on the day before she went home. She ate one piece. And left me with the rest. 
It was good.
We ate it all. Keith helped a little, but he left me home all day with the cake by myself. Oh yeah, and the kids. But a chocolate cake like that is awfully noisy when you spend all day alone with it. So anyways, it's long gone.
So anyway, back to Leah. I wonder where she gets all the extra weight. Hmmm. Baffling.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
I wonder where she gets it
Posted by Andrea at 4:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Guess how much Sadie weighed when I took her to her to be weighed this week? (5.5 months) 12 lbs 4 oz. haha. That's awesome. Raegan still has Leah though. She's 13 lbs 4 oz. :) I think you both look really pretty in this picture. Pregnancy seems to be a lot kinder to you than it is to me. Not fair.
P.S. Sometimes it's OK to use the old "I'm nursing" excuse to eat really yummy things that may not have the best nutritional value...:)
Yum... Dave and I really enjoyed the piece you sent home with me. I know it was your strategy to make it the day before I left, because if you'd made it the day I came, I would have eaten it all! :)
I can't believe the ingredients you listed for that cake! Sounds monumental. I must get the recipe (in a few months when I have given up on Weight Watchers...again.)
Leah is beautiful! We miss you.
Post a Comment