Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Bennett-isms

He's so hilarious. There is something at least once a day that totally cracks me up. Here's a few recent Bennett-isms:

Today at lunch, between bites of mac-n-cheese, Bennett looks up and says, "It's fun having a sister." And another one from a couple weeks ago...."Mom, thanks for bringing home sister." Phew. And I was so worried that he was going to resent her.


Bennett wanted to take a nap with his sister...


Bennett LOVES his trains. He plays with them every chance he gets. He is constantly asking me to build him a track. The other day Bennett was hounding me while I was feeding Leah.
B - "Mom, make a track." (Repeated about 10 times)
Me - "I can't right now. I'm feeding Leah."
B - "Oh come ON mom. You know you love it." (Can you just hear the teenager in his voice?? Where does he get this?)


Speaking of trains, he's really into the Thomas trains. He knows them all by name...Thomas, Gordon, Percy, James, etc. A little while ago we had a friend over named James. He was all excited and kept calling him "James the guy" (as opposed to James the train.)

Last week we had two nights in a row of Bennett waking up at 3:30 am and having all out screaming fits. For two hours. SO WIERD. Totally out of character. He woke up screaming and crying and we would try everything to calm him down. Then as soon as we would leave the room, he would start up again. Bizarre. ANYWAYS, after two nights of this, we were all zombies. I decided that I wouldn't let him sleep in or nap extra long to make up for it in hopes that he would go back to normal. Well, on the second day, I went in to wake him up from his nap. Of course, he didn't want to wake up.
"Mom," he said, "I just feel terrible."
Yeah, well, I have this great idea for you. It's called sleep. You should try it sometime. He hasn't had the problem since.

"Moooo. Hey mom, when I grow up, I want to be a cow."

As we were driving in the car-- "Mom, you can't eat cars. They are too big."
Apparently he has realized that I eat everything else in sight. He was just warning me that I might want to lay off the cars.

And finally, my favorite--
Keith and Bennett on a hike after watching an airplane fly over: "Airplanes are big and tough just like us, huh dad?'

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

He is SO adorable. I just wish I could hear him say these things. (Except the screaming at 3am for 2 hours.)

Adri said...

So funny. Toddlers are the BEST!

Anonymous said...

We loved the post. Thanks for sharing. He is too funny--and so are you.