Leah will be 11 months old in a few days. I can't believe how time has flown! We adore this girl so much.
She is so happy and cuddly and is learning all kinds of new tricks. She waves bye-bye and says dada and nana (banana) and no-no (making it hard for me to be mad about whatever she is getting into). I'm not really convinced that she says mama, although she has said it before. She's way more reliable with dada so I'll give the props to Keith for being the favorite. She really is a daddy's girl.
Her teeth popped in during the last couple of weeks. Just in the last month she went from being toothless to having her two bottom teeth and one on top. Her other top one is peeking out so she'll have four teeth really soon! That's a record for our kids--Bennett didn't have a single sign of a tooth until after his first birthday.
You can kinda see her top tooth here.
You can see her bottom teeth here if the picture is real big. I can't catch her teeth on camera! Every single time I try, I miss it by a split second. Stupid digital camera. But teeth or no teeth, isn't she cute anyway??
She can also climb the stairs. (Not my favorite trick.) Just a few days ago, I was busy in the kitchen. When I finished whatever I was doing, I realized Leah wasn't around anymore. It hadn't been but a couple of minutes. I looked around and called for her and then noticed her all the way upstairs playing on the landing. I had only caught her playing on the stairs once or twice before and she was never into climbing them. Until now! She caught on pretty fast.
She also took her first fall down the stairs yesterday. I ran downstairs just to flip on a light and the next thing I hear is that dreaded tumble and the cry. She crawls so darn fast, I didn't even know she would be close to following me! Luckily, no hurts, only a little scare for her.
She is also standing all the time by herself. No steps quite yet. It's coming though. Soon. 
She and Bennett get along so well. They just love on each other all the time. When Leah wakes up from her nap, Bennett usually says "Oh hi Leah! I missed you!"
The one thing she doesn't have a lot of is hair. If we hadn't cut Bennett's hair by 11 months, it would have probably been dragging on the floor! Oh well, we still think she's adorable!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Leah's new tricks
Posted by Andrea at 12:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
She is adorable. I love that Bennett misses her when she naps. What fun they'll have together. She looks as much like Keith as Brin looks like Roman--what's up with that?
She is so incredibly cute! You have the same genes as our kids. Our boys hair is so long, I have to cut it constantly after 8 months. Our poor little Annie, bald until she was two. She has incredibly, beautiful, thick hair now, though, so it all works out in the end.
I love the last picture where she looks like she's going to eat the camera. Cute, cute Leah!
make more would ya..she is amazing!
So cute!! What a doll! :) Your kids are SO MUCH FUN! Wow!! Miss you guys.
Andrea, I loved this post. It was nice to hear all about Leah. I can't believe she is almost a year old! I love all the outdoor pictures and just getting another glimpse of your surroundings--so beautiful! It makes me miss living farther east just a little.
Andrea Card! I can't believe it is you. I can't seem to figure out how to email you so I thought I would leave a comment. I miss ya. Email me when you get a chance. beccalouviere@yahoo.com. P.S. your bloggs are great I feel like I haven't missed much in the last 10 years. You and your cute, cute family look good. Becca
Leah is such a sweetie! I want to kiss those chubby cheeks.
You have one sweet, heavy-duty wagon there!
She is so cute, I can't believe she'll be a year already too! They grow too fast. Bennett is so sweet with her, what a good big brother!
She is absolutely delightful!!
She is so adorable. Sawyer is crawling now and the stairs are a problem. He's getting faster. I love the chubby cheeks, I'm worried Sawyer is going to loose his soon with his crawling. It's looks like Leah has kept hers though, so that gives me hope.
Post a Comment