Sunday, April 13, 2008

Over the top

Wow--I'm posting so much lately. I guess now that my house is uncluttered, my head is starting to be cluttered enough to actually have stuff to say....

Today was our big OPEN HOUSE! We listed our house last weekend but did not allow showings until today's open house. So we are now officially out there. We have been talking about renting a gorilla suit or dressing up like the statue of liberty and standing out on our lawn with a for sale sign. Do you think that would get a buyer? It must work for the tax prep store in town as there has been an idiot in a costume standing on the corner since February. What a terrible job. But I really, really, really want to sell fast. The stress of it all is KILLING me!!!

Besides dressing up like a dork, we pulled out all the stops for the open house today. Our realtor said we were over the top. Ha ha--that's what happens when you buy the house of a wood snob perfectionist. We had fresh flowers, soft music playing, and I even baked a cake right before we left so it would smell super good. Our realtor was so puzzled that it smelled like something was baking the whole time. She laughed when I told her that I took the cake out of the oven and let it cool in the car while we went to church! Definitely over the top.

So here's a few pics. I know I have the "before" pics around somewhere but I'm not feeling like hunting them down. Maybe later. All you need to know is, it was real ugly.

Here's the view standing at the front door:

Looking back at the living room:


View from the stairs, coming down:

The dining room--looking to the left:


Dining room on the right:

I probably don't even have to say this....but I love this kitchen. Isn't Keith amazing?!? He built the cabinets from Pennsylvania cherry wood. LOVE em. Pics never do justice.


Upstairs--our bedroom:


Looking into the hall from our bedroom:

Bennett's room:

Leah's room:


Bathroom:

Outside:

With the 2-car garage in back:


So there you go. Steve and Mindy, Layne and Jami: now you can pretend that you actually came to visit us. And yes, I am trying to make you feel guilty. :)

Anyone want to buy our house??? (pleeeeeaaaase?)

7 comments:

Layne said...

Yo Cards. The house looks awesome. I hope that all of your wildest dreams come true and that you make all that you are asking. Seriously, whoever buys the place is getting an awesome deal with all the custom woodwork.
So we missed your half decade in Philly, but we want to be among the first to check out your new digs in KY, so hopefully we'll see you soon. (Sport climing in the Red this fall?)

The Busby Family said...

andrea, you house is so nice, I bet you are going to miss it. You guys have done such a nice job. Do you guys want to meet us at the aquarium on May 10th? We think that would be a good time and day for us. Let us know.

Adri said...

I'll buy it, if you can mail it to me...it is BEAUTIFUL! But, would we expect anything less from you both?

Angie said...

Someone will be lucky to get it- it's lovely!

Jami said...

I've been feeling guilty about not visiting you for a while now. I'm a stinky sis-in-law, but I'm going to change. I'll start by being one of the first to visit you in Kentucky. Layne and I both really really have been wanting to visit you guys.

Oh and your house is incredibly beautiful. I am jealous. I really feel for you trying to keep in clean with a toddler. That's a seriously tough job! Love ya!

Mindy said...

Officially feeling guilty--

(Although, we DID visit you once in Philly, many moons ago, before you moved to this house.
I guess maybe that doesn't count since it was so long ago...I think I was pregnant with Julia, and she's almost eight!!!)

I am so glad you posted pictures. I love how you've finished and decorated your home. It is really very classy and tasteful and beautiful.
I empathize with the stress of selling/showing/cleaning/going crazy. Been there, done that, wouldn't wish it on an enemy.
I am sure you'll have a buyer soon! Hang in there!

Martha said...

I just love your home! It's so beautiful. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I could, especially knowing that Keith did the lovely cabinets! I'm sooo going to miss you guys!