Friday, April 11, 2008

Lucky day

Today did not start out well. Just chaos pretty much from the start. If one wasn't crying, the other was. Or the phone was ringing. Or I was dropping our new DVD player down the stairs. And then the phone was ringing. And then the baby was crying. And then Bennett was sticking band-aids all over and spreading a mess to every thing he touched. And then Bennett was crying......blah, blah, blah. And so it goes.

Then I went to the bank. In my ongoing attempt to unclutter our house, I had a TON of coins that I needed to put into the coin machine. So I gathered all the coins, got the kids loaded up, and got them unloaded again once we got there. Then after getting inside, I discovered that BOTH coin counting machines were occupied by people with massive bags of coins. So much so that a guy was there constantly changing the coin bags because they kept filling up. Great. I'd made it all the way there only to have to stand and wait. So frustrating. Just as I was telling myself to just forget it and go home, the branch manager walks out of his office and introduced himself. He loudly proclaims that because they are celebrating their upcoming merger with XYZ bank and introducing a new green logo, I won $11 bucks because I was wearing green! SWEET!

So, I decided NOT to get back in the car with all my coins because I suddenly felt a lot more patient. Then I counted my coins worth seventy five bucks (!!!) PLUS my lucky extra $11 and went merrily on my way. Ka-ching.

It's my lucky day. :)

3 comments:

Martha said...

Score! It's amazing how your day changes when something nice happens to you. Those bright moments seem to carry us through days of crying, toys, messes, etc.! :)

Kate Edmondson said...

so THAT explains the green! Too bad we weren't wearing any! We went into Commerce on Friday and everyone had on green hats, green feather boas, green fedoras, green sparkly beads, you name it. I wanted to know who turned their clocks back a month to St. Patty's day! Congrats on winning!!

Sara said...

that's awesome! 11 bucks plus 75 more, what a great day!