Tuesday, January 20, 2009

God Bless America

I was glued to the inauguration today. What an amazing country we live in. Some pomp and circumstance, a little Aretha Franklin, a boring poem, and a military salute. And that's that. Now we have a new president. Bush turned over the keys to the White House and waved from his helicopter as he headed back to Texas.

God Bless America.

I have to admit, I was undecided right up until election day. And in the end, I did not vote for Obama. But today, I fully and completely support him as my President. I was moved by his speech and I'm struck by the momentous historical moment I witnessed. I love how energized people are when they talk about today. I can't believe 2 million people froze their butts off to see it in person.

I'm praying for President Obama as he takes this enormous responsibility. A awful lot of history has brought us to this moment. And a lot of future is counting on it.

2 comments:

Chelise said...

Amen sister! It was so great to watch and I'm so glad it's restored a little bit of hope in everyone. My favorite part is listening to my 3 yr. old say "Obama" and the fact that he somehow got him confused with Martin Luther King and was convinced that he came back to life yesterday.

Lindsay said...

I don't agree with Obama's ideology, but I pray he can make sense of the mess that is the US government. Being the President of the United States has to be the toughest and most criticized job in the country! Poor Obama.

It is amazing to see the transfer of power. No guns, no soldiers, just a ceremony and we have a new president.

God bless America.