Just a few more pictures of our fun weekend....
After our awesome bike ride, we drove south to Pisgah National Forest in North Carolina and cruised the Blue Ridge Parkway. For all you John Denver fans out there (hi Shannon), "Almost heaven, west virginia, blue ridge mountains, shenandoah river...country roads...."
Obviously North Carolina didn't rhyme.
This is us running around at Looking Glass Falls. And for all you climbing bums out there (hi Layne), this is spitting distance from the Looking Glass. It's huge granite. 


However, this is the view we had of the Looking Glass (and surroundings) from the Blue Ridge Parkway:
It rained on us a bit and the fog was really thick every time we were at a spot with a big view. At least, I assume that there was a view. We kept saying to each other as we were driving around, "I bet this place is so pretty..." And it was. It's just that we couldn't see more than about 100 feet of it at a time.
And what Memorial Day would be complete without a 'sandwich fixins and carrot sticks' picnic? We drove through Great Smoky Mountain National Park on the way home and pulled out the grub. Check out Leah's cheesy grin. I love it.
So, that pretty much sums up what we did last weekend. And as I type this, we are (well, Keith is) loading bags in the car for another Card family adventure happening this weekend. I'm going to get pummeled from this one. I hope I'll be able to walk after we are done. Details to come....
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Memorial Day Weekend, part 2
Posted by Andrea at 9:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a great weekend! The trail you rode looks absolutely beautiful. Oh I miss the East!!
So glad you guys are enjoying all of it. Great memories for your cute kids.
cool. I need to head out there again... so pretty. Even in the fog. :)
Post a Comment