Thursday, August 30, 2007

Flying

I really HATE flying with a toddler. Funny how every time I am within days of flying somewhere, I stumble across an article on the internet about how to control your kids while flying. Maybe there are articles like this all the time and I just skip over them. But somehow, I doubt it. I think what is really happening is I somehow got my name on a secret list so that everytime I am about to fly, the airlines and the general public try desperately to get a message through to me about how to not make their lives so miserable. So, I'm giving a shout out to all ya'll who are going to be hearing from Bennett on Saturday--I got your friggin message! Sheesh! Bring earplugs!!!

So, if that wasn't paranoid enough....

We are flying to Portland on Saturday for a job interview. The practice is actually 1.5 hours north of Portland and about the same distance south of Seattle. I'm looking forward to checking it out. We will be there for an entire week. I have a feeling that it will only take us a day or two to decide if we dig the place or not but they bought the tickets so I'm not complaining.

This is going to be a HUGE month for us. After next week, we'll be home for 5 days then we'll be leaving again for more interviews in northern California (Eureka) and Kentucky (Somerset). We are still in talks with some other options so we may be adding more trip(s) at the end of the month as well. If all goes well, we'll have figured out where we want to live for the rest of our lives by the end of October. As exciting as it is to be at this stage, I am pretty freaked out by the HUGE committment we will be making. Keith is like a kid in a candy store though...every day he decides we are moving to a different town and has picked out a house on the internet and already has the first three months of weekend road trips planned out. Today he's TOTALLY moving to Kentucky. The day before that, he had practically applied for a California drivers license. I wonder what tomorrow will be....

By the way, any freaky stalkers out there....I have a HUGE guard dog and am in good with the local cops. Not only that, I'm taking a red eye flight home next week and if you even THINK about messing with my house while I'm gone, I'll track you down and make you babysit Bennett after his cranky night flight on the plane. So there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Chuck and Tara ( your big huge security entourage that is staying behind) will be at your house everyday making sure no one lays a hand on it. HA. Keith and I were talking last night about Kentucky. I was thinking about Vanderbilt for medical school which is only an hour and half from where the practice would be :) Have fun in Portland! Call us when you get back! Hugs T

Lindsay said...

Good luck at the interviews! I hope you can muddle through all the possiblities and find the perfect location for life! How exciting!

Best Wishes...

Jami said...

I agree. Flying with kids is not so fun.