Monday, August 20, 2007

A little surprise

Really, I don't mean to turn this into a potty blog....but we made progress yesterday. I'm a little confused by it but I'll take progress.

So, we've had a little potty next to the bathroom for a while now. Mostly Bennett likes to hide his toys in it but he does like to sit on it a few times a day. He's told us a few times that he had to go potty and after we hurry and strip him down, he sits for about one second and leaves. Whatever. Well, last night as I was putting Bennett to bed he asked to go to the potty. Sure...so I take him over, lift the lid.......and found a big yellow puddle inside. When did this happen? We really have no idea. It's not like the kid can dress himself so he must have made a naked pit stop after Keith took him out of the bath and sent him to me in the bedroom to get dressed for church. Neither one of us saw him do it. Weird.....

So his first big success in the potty went totally unnoticed and uncelebrated. Maybe he'll just train himself????

5 comments:

molly said...

lucky! we had to train taryn ourselves, but she's FINALLY in big girl panties! we're very excited - we're a no diaper house!!

Lindsay said...

Excellent- a do-it-your-selfer!

Mindy said...

A little surprise INSIDE the toilet--how would that be? I was always finding them in other areas of the house.

My girls actually trained pretty quickly--we just had them wear underpants for a few days--they hated the feeling of being wet, so things went quickly (that was after they'd learned to tell me that they had to have a #2).

Cam was harder. We actually put him back in diapers after a few weeks of poopy accidents because I was frustrated and impatient and then he'd get sad. People will say not to do that (switch back after you've started), but Cam just wasn't ready. A few months later, he just started saying he needed to go potty, and he was trained in a matter of a few days.

That Bennett actually went on his own is a HUGE bonus. He sounds like he's about ready. Good luck!

Adri said...

I have no advice because I think I am the WORLD'S WORST POTTY TRAINING MOMMY....but best of luck to you and your little man!

Jami said...

Maybe he can train Trenton also. :)