Friday, August 27, 2010

Kindergarten

I can't believe my baby is in school!!! Where has 5 years gone?

His birthday (in June) should have been a major let down since he actually spent the day in the moving truck with Keith. But, as one who never lets anything get him down, his birthday as a "trucker" was awesome. Keith spoiled him by letting him pick whatever he wanted to eat (was it really McD's for 3 meals??) AND pick out whatever toy he wanted at the truck stops. His birthday turned out to be a great day, in spite of been on the road. Or maybe it was great because he was on the road? Either way, being five is pretty awesome.

And, of course, being five means SCHOOL!!! He's been so excited about this day ever since he found out he was going to be able to ride a school bus. Such a huge milestone in his life.

He has loved his first week of school. He thinks Ms. Donaldson is the greatest and the school bus is everything he dreamed it would be.

The bus stop is about two blocks from our house and I couldn't wait to meet him at the bus and hear all about his first day. When the big yellow bus came to the stop, he came charging off with his Spiderman backpack and a cute hat he'd made. He came running to me and I expected that he would excitedly tell me all about the fun day he'd had and all the friends he made and, of course, how much he missed being away from me...

Instead, he ran to me and gave me a big frown and said, "Mom, I don't want you to come get me at the bus!!!"

So, what? It's his first day of kindergarten and I'm already embarrassing him????

This, I'm not ready for.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

LOVE that. :)
Get used to it. Embarrass him as much as possible, it's a big perk of your job.

Linn said...

He is so stinkin' cute! Oh my word, that was a fast five years. And just ignore them. My job is to embarass them. And my kids know it. :)

Lindsay said...

That Bennett is such a handsome guy. And what a crack up!

Chelise said...

He's so grown up! Fun!
I've stopped keeping track of how many times I embarrass my kids...