The kitchen. It was bad. It was a three month long nightmare.
AND NOW IT"S OVER!!!!!!!
The kitchen is now finished and open for business. Keith is AMAZING and so incredibly talented. I pretty much sat back and watched it all happen (while I ate bon-bons with the kids and watched my belly grow) so all the props go to Keith. I can't say enough how awesome he is!!!
I've been asked by loads of people for pictures. But I can't just show you the finished product so easily. That would give an unfair view that it was somehow easy or happened quickly. So, in an effort to make you feel a little ounce of our pain, I'm going to take you through this process with us in pictures. Just a little every day. And, just so you know, it really sucked.
The kitchen: BEFORE 
Isn't it ugly?
Please note the forest green bathroom wall tile countertops. And that sweet wallpaper border. 
Getting that crap out....



The floors also had to come up because the awesome carpenters that laid it didn't put in an expansion gap. So, over time the floors had buckled a bit right in the middle of the kitchen. But, it's really nice flooring so we ripped it out and relaid it right. 
Tomorrow....more pain.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Keith's bad dream
Posted by Andrea at 7:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I like even seeing how much you had to tear out - A lot of work- I'm waiting for the next set of pictures. Mom Card
Looks like fun!
Ho. Lee. Cow. I can't imagine ever doing anything like this. And what's funny is the first picture, I was like, "Wow! What a cool kitchen!" Before I saw that it was the BEFORE picture. Then I started noticing the forest green and wallpaper. But the layout is pretty cool. At least compared the my kitchen right now!!
I can't wait to see the remodel, you guys are amazing! Congrat's on the new baby coming too!
(I love your new template, your kids are adorable!!!)
Crazy!!! I think I would be feeling really nervous if I saw my kitchen go away. What if we couldn't put it back?!!! Can't wait to see the next pics.
That last pictures is so scary! Everything gone . . . even the floor! . . .it's a lot scarier than the first picture, quite frankly.
Can't wait to see it all finished!
Emily
Post a Comment