Whoops--got a little busy yesterday. Sorry if I left anybody hanging.
Even though the cabinets were "done" at this point, there are so many odds and ends that have to come together at the end. But this was certainly a happy day....the granite countertops came! And get this, somebody else did all the work!!! 

That was pure excitement for sure. Keith said he now knows what it's like to be me...having all the work magically done while I'm busy playing with the kids or running errands to Lowe's. I have to admit, it is pretty nice to be me. :)
But come on!! Look at me! I still worked like a fool!! You wouldn't believe how many disposable brushes we went through. We still had lots of work with the trim around the cabinets, the crown molding, and the window trim. And I loved how the can of polyurethane said that the product was known to cause birth defects in the state of California. THANK GOODNESS I don't live in California, right??
Next up, backsplash tile (we used tumbled marble). This was a really fun day. One Saturday Keith said he wasn't going to bed until the tile was done. 
I really hate that he said that. 
We ended up going to bed at 4 am.
The range hood gets installed...
And the stove! Oh, the stove!!! I can't wait to take the little butane cooktop I've been using for three months, tie it to a big rock, and throw it out in the lake. 
Sadly, as of today, I'm still using the stupid one burner cooktop. The stove was missing a couple of little parts to convert the stove to the right type of gas we use. But the parts just came in the mail so I know what Keith will be doing when he gets home!! (Love ya, Keith!)
Even after all this progress, we still can't seem to get out from the mess! The cabinet drawers are getting their cherry fronts, the doors need some minor adjustments and, of course, more sanding and freaking polyurethane.
Keith's about to lose it, black licorice and all. So am I. Get this project over with!!!
Tomorrow: THE BIG REVEAL!!!!
Friday, February 19, 2010
Details, details
Posted by Andrea at 8:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment