What? I didn't say I was going to take a month's vacation from blogging? Yeah, well, I forgot to. But vacation I did.
We really did take a two week trip to Utah over Christmas. At least, the kids and I did. And if my camera battery hadn't died an ugly death after I got home, I would have loaded all the adorable bleary-eyed, pajama wearing, toy crazed, wrapping paper disaster, super fun pictures as evidence. But, there's that no battery thing. So you'll just have to believe me. Christmas was fun.
Bennett had been begging for new legos for Christmas. Of course, he was super excited to get a box of legos under the Christmas tree! Once he realized that Santa really does come through, he promptly had me help him write a new letter for Santa for NEXT year:
Dear Santa:
Thanks for what I got for the first Christmas. I want a lift and dump truck for next Christmas. Next I want a brand new turbo train. It's electric. I want a brand new super duper spy mask to wear with my spy binoculars. And spy pants and a spy shirt. I'm trying to be good.
Love, Bennett
Maybe Santa needs to be a little less reliable....
Leah, on the other hand, was in doll heaven. She got a new doll for her birthday and got a doll stroller and doll stuff for Christmas. She's such a good mommy to her baby. They take naps together, she shoves food in its mouth, puts diapers on it, smothers it in blankets... Everything a good mother would do--with just a little extra force. That's two-year old love for you.
While in Utah we had tons of fun playing with cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandma and grandpa. Keith, in the meantime, was busy working on our kitchen disaster. I'll post about that soon. I'll just say that it's definitely coming along. And it's going to be AWESOME. But for now it's AWFUL. And I'll also say that Keith is AMAZING. And since I'm capitalizing words that start with an a, AICHMORHABDOPHOBIA.
Let me think....what else has been going on in our lives......
Oh yeah, there's this:
May 22. And we are having a surprise! Since we already have a boy and a girl, what difference would it make if we knew the gender in advance? So, we are going old school and are enjoying the mystery of it all. Bennett and Leah are beyond excited. They talk about the baby all the time and are always fascinated by my baby bump. This morning Bennett and Leah went downstairs with Keith and as they were leaving Bennett came back to tell me that my baby would keep me company so I wouldn't be alone. So cute. :)
Any guesses on the gender?
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Random ramblings
Posted by Andrea at 2:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Boy.
Or girl. :)
so stinkin excited. definitely a boy! :) xoxoxo from PA!
Yay!! Congrats!! You're so cute. I say BOY.
Either way, that baby is CUTE! I'm going to guess girl, only because most everyone else is saying boy.
We were surprised with our little Ben. But it was horrible because I have so many problems that I had to have weekly ultrasounds. It gets old asking them not to spill the beans 87 times. It will be so fun for you thought! Congrats!
PS. Cutest header EVER!
Love the new picture of Bennett and Leah! They are really such great kids. Boy or girl, we can't wait to meet the next Card kid. Your track record suggests this one is going to be quite a character too.
I am thinking GIRL...Elly needs another buddy...
I'm no good at guessing this kind of thing, but CONGRATULATIONS! I'm happy for you! (ok... I'll say... boy)
Congratulations!!! That is so great! Three kids is so much fun and (at least for me) an easy transition.
Ummmm....baby. Congratulations!How exciting, my boys are very jealous.
Post a Comment