Sunday, September 06, 2009

Eye of the Tiger

Dude. I won.



Trust me, no one is more surprised than I am. I've NEVER won anything that involved speed. Or anything involving athleticism for that matter. But I actually won! Well, kinda. I didn't break the tape or anything. But I beat the other thirty-something geezers!

And Keith took second--pushing the kids in a stroller!!

Finally, it pays off to live in a small town with loads of fat, out of shape diabetics and one cool little running club. Where running a mile in 7:45 is actually fast. Admitting my race time would normally be embarrassing--especially because of the track stars in my family. But this time, I've got a sweet bobble head trophy to make me feel like a reeeal champion.

9 comments:

Martha said...

That awesome and truly funny all at the same time. I love your trophies. Their sweet!

Steph said...

I don't think I've ever won a race in my life. Live it up sister. You should start a collection. Do I hear a repeat?!!!

Linn said...

And you are AWESOME! I was thinking I was so cool to start running and here you are running so fast they have to give you giant-headed, beautiful trophies for your awesomeness! Way to go!

Chelise said...

Way to go girl! Your trophies are great and I'm proud to know you- you race winner.

Jeff said...

Whatever Andrea. Coming from someone who runs 10:30 minute miles, you are fast. I am one of those fat, over-weight (non)diabetics!

Congrats on the trophy. It would look swell on your mantel, if you have one.

Jeff said...

That was obviously me, Lindsay, not Jeff. Jeff is fast.

Angie said...

I'm so proud of you, soooo proud. I won our ward memorial day race last spring. That's 'cause only like 8 people ran it. And, there was no trophy. I will not ever win a race with enough people in it to have a trophy. I will live vicariously through you.

molly said...

horray! great job!!! :)

Tara White said...

I freakin' love love love the trophy!!! good work you geezer :)