Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's a wild, wild world

A week or two ago, I was in my bedroom doing my absolute LEAST favorite household task--putting away laundry. Anyway, my bedroom has a french door to the porch and it was open so I could enjoy the fresh spring air. As I was grumbling through my task, I heard some movement out in the trees. I looked out and saw this:


Wild turkeys!!!

They were in the trees about 30 feet from the house, just walking along like they owned the place. For all I know, they might still be living in our forest.

Every now and then, I have to stop and remind myself how weird my life is. After 8 years in Philadelphia, I now live with wild turkeys. Weird.

4 comments:

Kate Edmondson said...

I used to babysit a family in Norristown (about 40 min north of center city Philly) that had wild turkeys in their backyard throughout the year. Their daughter, whenever she would see them, would run to the back door and yell "Gobble, gobble, gobble!" (she was 2 at the time). I thought the turkeys were cool, but they just complained that they would crap all over the swingset.

Linn said...

I live with wild turkeys too. They look a little more human than your picture though. Weird.

Angie said...

I Love wild turkeys-we had them in WI and they never get old.

Martha said...

I Love it! That's just plain awesome. :) Oh, and I LOVE the goggles and I LOVE your cute, adorable girl! So fun!!