Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Waiting around while the adventure continues

I've been lazy. All I've been doing is playing for the last three weeks and I'm too lazy to blog about it. It's nice to take a break from the routine once in a while!

Bennett, Leah, and I have been having a great time in Utah. It's been pretty nice having a full time nanny (grandma). And manny (grandpa). I've done so much shopping with all this freedom! I never got to do that before (and probably won't for a LONG time)! I have three weeks worth of stuff thrown all over the bedrooms and since we are in the basement, it doesn't matter! Other than the occasional load of laundry, I've hardly lifted a finger (sorry, mom. But not really). We've had a weekend in Park City with my sisters, a few days in Bear Lake, tons of eating out, shopping, seeing old friends, play, play, play, reading books, being lazy. And, oh yeah, taking care of two kids by myself. Except when nanny and manny step in. :)

But, we miss Keith. His trip is coming to an end. Today marks three weeks. He called today and it was the first time we were able to actually talk for a quick couple of minutes. He tried about a week ago but the connection was terrible. He's been able to e-mail but only a handful of times as there's not a lot of connectivity out on the backroads of Iceland.

I know that he's had a good time and there are tons of good stories to be told. I can't wait! This one especially needs some explaining.....I received the following e-mail yesterday after a whole week of no contact. He had been riding through the most barren, desolate section of Iceland:
"Hey, I am back and fine. The sandflats did not explode but a few other things did. You´ll get to hear all about it this weekend. Let's just say that it took a little longer than expected and when I finally landed I only had one peice of flatbread left. sorta like a dry tortillia. Those rain pants that were a little snug...they fit fine now."

I don't know the details. All I know is that he is safe. And probably hungry. But I'm sure he's still smiling! Either way there is a good story waiting to be told. He'll be here Saturday. Stay tuned!!!

9 comments:

BagLady said...

id love to see you. can i come up?

Emily and Austin Gray said...

I hope Keith will be in the mood for some blogging when he gets home, we can't wait to hear about all his adventures. And we have a new one for next year: the Green Mountain Trail. 373 miles of bike road conveniently located in central Vermont! We can offer a package deal for the family :)

We miss you guys. Send us your new address as soon as you get home.

Emily & Austin

Kim said...

We miss you guys, we went for a walk last week by your old (I'm sure forgotten house) and the girls really wanted to stop and see Bennett, it was hard to explain, expecially when the next day we drove by and they wanted to stop again. Hope all is well!

Linn said...

You are the woman! That is many a day without your husband. Even with a nanny. :) Wish we could have made the trip to Utah while you were there. Hurray for Saturday!

Angie said...

You guys are so much cooler than us!

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear he's safe, and on his way home soon! i'm sure the kids LOVED playing with all of their family! best of luck with travels with two kids, by yourself, back to Kentucky!

Amy said...

The days kind of run together for us, but are you still around? Would love to see you and your cute kids!

Brad, Adrienne, McKenna, Bryn, and Lauren said...

Can't wait to hear the story! Glad you are having fun in dry Utah, we sure miss you guys at park day. Way to go for you brothers it is very motivating, right now I am just struggling on a 5K.

Martha said...

panic...almost. You are a better wife than I. My heart would be all a flutter to not hear from my hunny for days on end. Ahhh. I'm glad Keith is having a great time (and you too!). I wish we were around to hear all about it!!

Hey, just to let you know, my sister-in-law is doing a cool "Favorite Things Swap" and I'm inviting you to join in. Visit my site to get more details: jamesnmartha.com.

Also, I am longing for more comments, so take a moment and share a fun memory you have of me on my site under the post Memories! Then I'll share a memory with you! Thanks and take care!