We FINALLY got our internet hookied up today so I can reconnect with the world. How does anyone survive without the internet? More than once in the last 2 weeks, we've taken the computer and parked next to a hotel so we could pick up on a wireless connection. It's just too hard to be without!
So, blogland, I am back. And I live in Kentucky. How weird is that? Actually, it's pretty stinkin awesome. I'll need to change the name of our blog soon but naptime is only so long. :)
Where do I begin? The last couple of weeks have been so eventful. I'll just fill in a little and will have to catch up later. Also, Keith is planning to post a whole bunch about his trip to Iceland. Don't know when he'll find the time, but he'll get around to it sometime...
After Keith got to Utah (such a long and funny story about his travels...more on that later) we left the next morning to go visit his family and start our trek east. We stopped to see two of his brothers on our way to Wyoming where we stayed with his parents for two days. They took us camping. Good times....
Check out the whoppers Grandpa caught for Bennett--
Camping girl--
Hiking with Bennett. Oh yeah, I got a haircut in Utah. I donated my ponytail to charity.
And here's me being pretty awesome:
(Actually, I'm probably just playing twinkle, twinkle. ha ha)
Wildlife! Right in our campsite!
And here's what he had to say about it...
And one more..just because I like what Bennett's doing....
Then we started our long trek home. Three days driving. With a 3 year old and a baby, that takes a lot of stops. And a lot of wanting to poke your eyes out. But we made it. Everything in our house was just as we had left it. No one showed up while we were gone and unpacked and cleaned everything for us. That was a bummer.
The last week and a half have been busy. Tons of unpacking and cleaning (thanks again to the people that DIDN'T take care of this for us while we were gone). Moving is such a hassle. Seriously, try not to do it. But life is settling in now. Keith started his job on Monday and so far so good! We've also spent tons of time swimming in the lake and jumping off our diving rock. Plus, on our second day here, we bought a new boat. It HAD to be done. So we of course have had to christen the boat and do some exploring. Seriously yous guys (please notice my blend of Philly/Kentucky here), life in Kentucky ain't bad.
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Back in Kentucky
Posted by Andrea at 1:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Okay, seriously how would you feel if we come to visit you? Does tomorrow work?? Your life in Kentucky sounds so dreamy. The lake, the boat...I'm way jealous. I'm glad to hear that you made it safely home and are starting to get settled.
Welcome home! Glad you made it. I am so impressed that you drove the whole way with your cute kids. I thought about it for about seven seconds, and then realized how much Ben would love it, and how much it would make me love it. Way to go and enjoy your new place. We are about to pack, move and unpack. Yuck!
Glad you are back! It was so so fun to see you while you were here. Thanks for meeting us in the park. I"m sorry we almost lost your son... :)
Yeah. We're in the middle of packing. To move. And, we tend to do the moving thing yearly these days. It is torture.
P.S. I'm loving that you are officially a Kentuckian.
I can't live without internet either. I am a little hurt that you didn't stop and visit us on your way home:). So glad everything is so great.
Andrea, I am glad to hear you arrived safely in Kentucky and that you are getting settled. It was so wonderful to be able to see you and have some fun times while you were here!
We heard a little from R&D about Keith's "setbacks" on his way to Utah. Oh my word. Please still post about it, though.
Miss you guys!
Looks like you guys had a fun time! Hope you are doing well. We will have to come see you sometime!
Why no pictures of the boat? I am definitely jealous of all that swimming.
Post a Comment