The last two weeks have been so out of control. All this moving and traveling has been ridiculous! Thankfully I'm staying in one place for a couple of weeks. If anyone wants a playdate while I'm in Utah, let me know!!!
Poor Bennett has had his whole life turned upside down in the last two weeks. His bed was one of the last things we loaded into the moving truck. So that night, when things were gone, I took him upstairs to use the potty. Then, he went into his bedroom and things clicked. "Where's my bed?!?" I explained that we were taking it to Kentucky. That seemed to make enough sense. Then we went downstairs to the kitchen. "Mom! Where's my table?" Then he opened the fridge and with horror said-"Mom! There's no lunch! How am I going to eat lunch?!!!" He gave me the saddest look I have ever seen.
Poor kid.
After we closed on our house (as sad as I was, I haven't really thought about the place since...) we got in the trucks and started driving. And driving. Our new place is about a twelve hour drive which we did over two days. Not too bad. We rolled into town at about one o'clock the day before our closing. We did our walk through that night then bought it the next morning! Keith and his brother Rob unloaded the moving truck all day. When they got to the boats, they had to take a break, of course. Over that weekend, we also painted the kids bedrooms and some of the master bedroom. And we spent a little more time in the boats. We are going to dig that place. We spent two nights in our new house then parted ways for the next three weeks. I headed off to Utah and Keith went back to Philly to wrap up work and then off to Iceland!!
We had a little birthday party for Bennett before we left since Keith would be missing the real thing. We gave him a fishing pole. He LOVED it! The next day as we were on the road to Utah (I'm still wondering why I decided to drive rather than fly...) he said, "Mom, I'm hungry. I need to go home and catch a fish." He already misses his Kentucky house. :)
We are missing Keith so bad and I hope he's having an amazing trip. I've only heard from him once so far. He's been there for a week now and I'm sure he's having way too much fun sitting in the hot pools and watching geysers and waterfalls to sit in an internet cafe. :)
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
Insane
Posted by Andrea at 5:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am so so sad. Our trip to Utah isn't going to work out. I was so looking forward to seeing you all. Errr. We will definitely try it another time. Although I'm sure it is crazy, I'm jealous you have officially made the move. Have a wonderful time in Utah!
After we moved, we were in corporate housing and Tommy thought it was a hotel and kept asking when we were going home. So sad. But once we were in our house he settled in. Stop in Kansas on the way home. You can even stay overnight. My boys would love to play with yours and it would break up your drive a little. Congratulations on your new place, it sounds fabulous.
Would love to get together! Just let us know where and when. We are pretty flexible!
ugh. I MISS YOU GUYS LIKE CRAZY!!!! I got a big squeeze in with your hubby before he left Philly for Iceland. he had a nice new haircut and was all dressed up for his graduation dinner. I saw him as he was turning in his pager and I was giving back the favorite mysterious headband..ha
Can't ya just come back? Maybe this fall you can make it up to the beach house for a long weekend or something??!! Hugs Tara
Hey! I wanna play. Can you e-mail your schedule, since I'm sure it is pretty packed, and I'll set something up with a whole gang of playsters???
Yes, I just said playsters, but it is nearly midnight. Give me a break.
Can't wait to see you!
So, is this funny ... James and I are leaving next week to go to Utah also! Funny!! :) I'm sure Keith is having the time of his life! He's definitely gotta blog about his trip!
Are you still in UT? We need to get Grant and Bennett together. I've been telling Grant that Bennet is coming to UT.
Post a Comment