Thursday, May 08, 2008

Happiness is.....

As an idealistic young man with only a marginal grasp of reality, I made a few goals for myself.... One of those goals was to always have a ticket to some exotic locale or adventure stashed in my sock drawer.

Tonight I am happy.

I finally convinced Andrea that between our house being under contract and our presidents ingenious plan to give handouts to us po'folk, now is the time I should spring for that ticket to Iceland! Done. The socks will have a nice little friend to keep them company for a few weeks. Every morning when I get dressed I will verify that I am not just waking up from a dream too good to be true as I rummage for the pair with the least number of holes. mmmmmmm.






Of course most of this trip will be in a cold rain far from a warm bed and dry shoes. I can't wait!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh..I sooo wish i could come with you...

Jami said...

I like that philosophy. Mine is similar although it is a race instead of a big adventure and somehow mine doesn't seem nearly as fun and adventurous!

Lindsay said...

Iceland looks amazing! Good luck on your adventure!

Jeff is bummed he can't go since I put him to work at the bike shop. Poor soul. At least he gets to salivate over sweet bikes all day. Maybe that is not such a good thing...he might actually want to buy one...

Jeff said...

Yeah, sorry to let you down Keith. That is going to be an epic adventures. Unfortunately, my adventures are going to have to be a little closer to home this summer.