Sunday, April 16, 2006

Crawling

Bennett is crawling!!! He's been SO close for the longest time but he's just to lazy to actually DO IT!! He's had this bum scoot thing going on for a while and he's really good at pushing himself backwards on his tummy. But mostly, he's just pretty content wherever you put him. So yesterday morning (Keith's birthday!), Keith and I were in the bedroom and Bennett was on the floor. He was reaching for a toy and got into crawling position and acutally moved forward--a whopping couple of inches!! Not much, but no mistaking, this was the real thing. It was cool that Keith and I were both there to see it. We think it was Bennett's b-day present to Keith. He's been practicing his new skill all weekend. SO CUTE!!! Except, now I have to actually watch him. And childproof the house. Dang, I think I'm over it. Stop crawling Bennett! Can you un-teach a baby to crawl?????

On another note, Bennett also learned to draw today. He drew a self portait on Keith's whiteboard at work.




We call it "Self Portrait of an Angry Young Man". This kid has talent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for Bennett!! Yea, you want your kids to be independent and then when they actually are you sometimes think, "Wait, not THAT independent!" Good luck and love to all.

Anonymous said...

Yay for the B-Man!!!! That pic is SO cute, his little drarring.

Anonymous said...

tag. you're it.

Jami said...

That's awesome!!! I'm excited for that stage and dreading it at the same time. Right now life is so easy, set baby down, give him a toy, and he's happy.....