I love black. It's pretty much my favorite color.
I have enough black clothes, one might think I'm constantly in mourning. I have to stop myself from wearing black outfits every single day of the week to work. I have an entire wardrobe of black. Although, around the house, jeans are the only option.
So, I was wearing a black sweater the other day. I happened to be working from home so I was moving around the house alot, snuggling the baby (working all the while, of course), and just basically was confined to the house. Later that night, I stood in front of a mirror and I noticed "the badge". I had never noticed the badge before--was this the first time? It had to be. I've never had the badge before! Or have I????
Bennett is quite a little snuggler. A lot of times when I pick him up, he burrows his face into my shoulder and grabs my neck in a mini hug. How sweet!! Although, it never dawned on me that this sweet little hug could be the source of trouble. It wasn't until I stood in front of the mirror that I realized the existance of the badge....IT'S BOOGERS!
I call it a badge because I think it means I have arrived. Never in my "single" life would I EVER have left the house with a visible mess of boogers on my clothes. Now, as a mom, my status is as clear as day. I wear boogers. I'm a mom.
Mind you, I was troubled by this startling discovery. I was so disgusted that I had to change my sweater. However, as I browsed through my closet, I realized that the badge is not a one time affair. No sir. I saw the badge on several things hanging in my closet. My black coat has quite an impressive badge, given the fact that it hasn't seen the dry cleaners since my "single" days.
So, I have come to grips with my new reality. I wear the badge. Honorably. More impressive than a scout at a Court of Honor, I WEAR THE BADGE. I am a mom.
And...I kinda like it. :) 
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
The Badge
Posted by Andrea at 8:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
WAY funny!! At least you didn't wear "the badge" in sacrament in front of the whole congregation!!:) (Ask Layne)
Too funny, Andrea! You will realize that there are more than just booger badges--we've had lots of spit-up badges this time, and then there are always the dreaded leaky-diaper-on-you-lap badges. So glad you started a weblog! Bennett looks so cute.
Awwww....I think I might cry. My little sis, proudly wearing the badge....
So fun to hear about your life again...thought you fell off the planet! :) You are a GREAT writer....maybe you should quit that boring HR stuff and write for a magazine or something.
Post a Comment