Monday, May 23, 2011

One!!!

My baby turned one today. Happy Birthday cute Bryce!

I can't believe this was a year ago....


He has grown up way too fast! He has 5 teeth (which is four more than Leah had and five more than Bennett). He is not walking yet and I'm in no hurry for him to start. He is a super fast crawler through so I don't think he is missing too much. He is absolutely the sweetest little guy and I am totally smitten.

I did a terrible job of photo-documenting the opening of the presents. Pretty much Bennett and Leah opened everything. They had each picked out a little gift for Bryce and were so eager to rip into them. It's hard being a little sibling, no?

Being Sunday, we had to zip off to church but we decided to take the scenic route today.

Plus, we had to let Bryce take a spin in his new birthday gear.
Look, some things are just for fun and some things are purely necessary. Bike stuff falls in the necessary category--you can't start them too young! Doesn't he look so cute on that big bike???

The cake.... (please try to ignore any junk on the floor in the these pictures. I was busy baking, ok??)



There's just something so awesome about a one-year old getting to attack his birthday cake. It's pure comedy.









And after all THAT fun, we had to work off some calories. We ended the day with a bike ride. Bryce loves his new ride!

Happy Birthday to my sweet baby!

7 comments:

Linn said...

That second to last picture? That was me on my last birthday, what are the odds?

That is one sweet baby and that has honestly got to be the fastest year of my life, I can't imagine how fast it went for you.

Terra said...

So cute and so big! I can't believe how grown up all of your kids are. You look great. Miss you.

Michelle Burk said...

Love seeing all the Cards on bikes. Why don't you just pedal on up here to Idaho and spend a weekend? We'd love to have you! He's a little Keith--his cute cheeks, that smirk of a smile, even the way he attacks food. Ha.

Lindsay said...

I love the bike brigade you have going on! I agree, you can never start too young. Those cake pictures are priceless! Happy birthday Bryce!

Mindy said...

Oh Andrea, that's one precious little baby you've got there. I LOVED this recap of Bryce's first birthday! I am such a sucker for 1st birthday-cake-eating pictures, and these did NOT disappoint. And that awesome bike seat and little helmet are as cool as it gets! We are all so excited to see you guys in a few weeks!

molly said...

SO cute! Happy Birthday Bryce! I cannot believe how much of a real kid he is! You know, instead of a 'baby' or 'infant.' miss you something crazy!

yamsey said...

What a cute boy! I can't believe how quickly a year went by. Glad you guys are all well. I love the cake eating pics. I have some of each boy just like that on their first birthdays. Love!