Happy Birthday to Keith!!! We partied pretty hard today to celebrate Keith's big day. First off, we were surprised to be able to spend the day with him as he had planned to fly out of town today to spend a weekend in Zion to run a 50 miler. But it was called off just yesterday afternoon due to unexpected snow on the trails. So, we started yesterday pretending that it was his birthday, then did the real deal replay today. Of course, I'm bummed that he didn't get to have his birthday bash as he had been planning for months, but I have been secretly (or not, since I'm admitting this in writing) happy to have him home on his birthday. :)
We got to have lunch with him--which caused both Bennett and Leah to declare this the best day of their lives! Those kids, man. We have some darn good ones. We also spent the day in party planning mode--a little shopping, a little wrapping, a little cake baking, a little freaking out. So. Much. Fun.
When Keith came home from work, he took us all out for pizza--which again made the heads of my two big kids nearly explode. Then we came home to a big german chocolate cake (by request) and a pile of presents for Keith.
See? Can't you feel the party in your bones? This was a good time!
Keith was lucky enough to score a sweet set of ninja action figures from Bennett, a stretchy rubber killer whale from Leah, and a sweet Irish hat from his parents living in Ireland.
And now, two awesome birthday related conversations with Bennett:
First:
As I was putting Bennett to bed last night, he could hardly contain his excitement on the eve of Keith's birthday. We talked about the day for a bit then he asked me what present I was giving to dad. I explained that I didn't have a present to wrap up because I was giving dad his trip to Zion. That had been his birthday gift, even though it didn't end up happening as he had planned. He looked at me with such compassion and said, "That's ok mom. You give a gift to dad every single day."
"What gift is that, Bennett?:
He tenderly touched my cheek and said, "your delicious dinners!"
Second:
As we were eating Keith's birthday cake, Bennett exclaimed: "Wow mom, you really put the hammer down on this cake!"
I must admit, I'm feeling pretty awesome now.
Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEITH!!!! You are the bomb!
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Paaartaaaay!!!
Posted by Andrea at 12:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Happy birthday Keith. Sorry I didn't get to see you.
I love when kids incorporate slang in their speech. Good stuff. I coach my kids on it incessantly.
What a great family - Happy Birthday to Keith. You have the best wife and children. I know you agree with me. Love all of you.
"You really put the hammer down on this cake!" Honestly, I think that made my life.
Happy Birthday Keith!
Love to read the Card blog, because I always finish with a giggle!
Sounds like a fun party weekend. However, I hope all that trail running training wasn't a waste. I hope they reschedule the race or you find another. 50 mile trail run? So EXTREME!
aEQRRPIOTY86686678784367733333333888888888888adfggreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttekteet5555555hy55y5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555556y
Love, Ian
He also says he loves Leah. And the above message is a "text" to Bennett and Leah.
Then he asked if I was texting Leah to come to our house. When I didn't answer he said, "are you going to answer me?"
I love you guys so much! What a fun bunch of kids. So adorable! I am glad Keith had a happy birthday. How could he not when he has such an awesome family?
Bummed for Keith to miss his run, but I think we all know that staying home and eating german chocolate cake would be WAY more fun than running 50 miles! You guys know how to party. :) Maybe ya'll should bring the party to san jo this weekend.
Can I just start with 50 MILES!!?? Wow. You deserve a party just for wanting to do that. And you have ADORABLE kids. Hope your parties were wonderful!
Great, great party. You are the best wife and mother EVER! What a great Birthday.
Post a Comment