Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dear Baby

Dear Baby,

I can't wait to kiss your chubby little cheeks and rock you to sleep all swaddled up tight like a baby burrito. I can't wait to find out if we need to open the pink box or the blue box (although, Grandma Card arrived this week and all she brought with her was pink!). I can't wait to see the looks on the faces of your big brother and sister as they meet you for the first time. And you won't believe what a softy your daddy is with a sweet new baby. Get ready to be spoiled!

But here's the thing: you are making me miserable. Holy smokes baby, come out! I am so big and uncomfortable. I just want to be able to bend over or tie my shoes or roll over in bed at night without needing help. I can promise you that you will be so loved and spoiled. Please, just come out. I realize that you are not actually "due" for two more days. But come on, if you are already 9 pounds, you don't need the old womb anymore. You will be able to take down any baby in the hospital nursery, guaranteed. Just come out!

Let's make a deal: you come out nice and easy and I'll totally give you mashed fruit BEFORE the peas and carrots. And, I'll even get you the baby cereal with fruit in it instead of the nasty plain stuff. Plus, milk is sooooooo good. You're gonna love it!! Come on out and see for yourself!!!

Please. Just. Please. (sigh)

Love and kisses,
Mommy

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

We can't wait to see pictures of you baby!

Hang in there Andrea!

Kim said...

Oh Andrea I SOOOO remember this part of pregnancy. My heart (and hips) ache for you. Soon, soon, soon. Just think, you won't be pregnant in 2 weeks :)
Good luck Mama!

Linn said...

Crossing our fingers that today will be the day! I'm so sorry it is so uncomfortable and I cannot wait to see that sweet babe.

Tyler and Jeena said...

That made me laugh. Hopefully, she is out by now since you should officially now be due. Can't wait to see the pics.