Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby

Not that we have one, mind you. Just the anticipation of one very soon.

Why are the last few days so stinkin hard? Why do all my babies insist on waiting until their due dates have passed before making their appearance? Why, for once, can't I have one just a couple days early??? And, why oh why are they getting so big??????????

I have 5 days until my due date. FIVE days. Five torturous days. The clock is on a serious countdown. It's worse than watching paint dry (which, incidentally, I have done a lot of lately).

I went to the doctor today and they did another thorough ultrasound to measure the baby just to see how scared I have to be for impending labor. Measurements are putting it at 9 pounds today. The ultrasound tech is guessing a margin of error will put it at 9 lbs 8 oz at birth.

I hurt already.

I did get some fun teaser pics though. This little stinker is gonna be CUTE!!!
Photobucket
Seriously, look at those cheeks already!!

6 comments:

Adri said...

Your babies like to add on the chub BEFORE birth....just in case they are milk-intolerant or something! :)

Good luck! I can't wait for the post-birth pictures of this little butterball!

Linn said...

Oh my cuteness! Can't wait!

And I feel guilty because I have the opposite problem--keeping them in. Never gone past 37 weeks, one at 36 and one at 35. I don't recommend it though.

Good luck!

Michelle Burk said...

WOW. I'm hurtin' for ya too. But, what's 5 days when you get to keep a baby with cheeks like that? You can do it! *I hope you'll post a picture of the thighs. They are my favorite!! Good Luck!

Chelise said...

It's bringing all kinds of pain memories back for me Andrea! Get it out quick- it's gaining weight with every passing moment... ( I know, you would've 10 days ago if you had any say in the matter). Good Luck darling! Can't wait to see "it" for real-we'll be thinking of you.

The Busby Family said...

Wow, that is so amazing. And it is so amazing that you can actually tell that she or he looks like your baby, I mean I can totally see Leah in her/His face, can't wait to find out what you are having. Good luck with another big baby!

Emily and Austin Gray said...

I remember Bennett being SO tiny! Leah was a chunker from the start and it sounds like this kid is going to take after its big sister! We're thinking of you and can't wait to see pictures when this kid gets here!