It's the calm before the storm. I'm hosting dinner for 11 adults and 4 kids tomorrow. Although the shopping is done, I haven't hardly lifted a finger to clean the house...or cook for that matter. I'm in denial.
So, since I know that I won't have any spare down time tomorrow (and possibly won't be all that thankful anyways, ha ha), I thought I would share a few things that I'm really thankful for today while my house is silent (naptime is a beautiful gift), while I have my feet up on the couch, and a candy bar in my hand. : )
This year I'm giving thanks for......
-My sweet husband. He is my everything. I totally adore him and am so grateful for what an amazing husband and father he is. I can't even put into words how much this means to me. He has taught me so much and makes me a better person everyday. He works so incredibly hard to provide for us. I'm so lucky to have him as my best friend.
-Bennett--what can I say? He puts the smile on my face everyday and makes it all too easy for me to forget about my frowns. He has such a fun personality and I love watching him grow everyday. I feel so lucky to be able to stay home with him. He is such a sweet little guy. My favorite quote of the week: "Hey mom, guess what? I love you."
-Baby Sister. Although I'm getting a little tired of the backaches and the unexpected kicks to the rib or punch in the bladder, I'm already so in love with our little girl. With less than 4 weeks to go, this is a bittersweet time. Every day that goes by is one less that I will have Bennett all to myself. But at the same time, I'm so anxious to have her here. I've learned so much in the process of getting this baby to our family. It's been hard and sad and I'll always have a spot in my heart for the ones that we lost. Thankfully, it just makes having this one all the more sweet.
-Family--just a phone call away!! Of course, we'll miss spending time with grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. But at least I have had a lot of fun family Thanksgivings in the past. What fun times. I could tell a few stories here....
-Church. Almost goes without saying. Where would I be without this foundation?
-My home. I love my (too often dirty) house. And I love that Keith makes beautiful things to put in it.
-Health. I can only pray that we never know the alternative.
-Fall. It's so stinkin gorgeous! This will be our last Thanksgiving in Philly so I'm savoring how beautiful it is. After 8 years, I think I may actually miss this place!
-Our future. I'm so grateful to have so much to look forward to--new job, new home, new baby! What an adventure we have planned for the next few months!!
I could go on and on but I'll wrap it up with one final thing to be thankful for....PUMPKIN PIE. Bring it on baby! Good thing I'm wearing maternity clothes tomorrow. I won't even be able to feel the stretch from eating too much GOOD FOOD!!!! Anyone need to borrow some of my enviably cool elastic waistband wardrobe? ; )
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Thanksgiving
Posted by Andrea at 3:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I can't believe you are so close to having your baby! I'm so excited to meet her. I hope she has red hair and lots of it!
we'll miss you tom. We'll be up at Oma's again. I have to work in the am but we are leaving after I'm done. Whew here's to graduating in a couple weeks and getting me life back. I feel like it was yesterday I saw you guys and it was over a month. UGH..we have to get together soon...I would love to babysit the rocker...if the offer still stands...Happy Turkey Day.
luv Tara
Wonderful post. We are so glad that you are well and happy and thankful. And, yes, send some of those elastic waistbands this way.
There are so many things to be grateful for. Thanks for the good thoughts. I hope the dinner prep went alright! Sounds like quite a crowd.
I am wishing I had some of those maternity clothes for sure, as I just finished a delicious Thanksgiving feast!
Loved your post. Thanks for sharing. I'm excited for you to have a Christmastime baby. It is an amazing experience (until the next year when you are trying to do Christmas AND birthday! :)
You'll love fall in Kentucky, too...so beautiful!
Andrea, I found your blog from links from other people's pages. Congratulations on your upcoming move to Kentucky. I hear there's great wilderness there (as you know from the pictures you posted). And congratulations on your upcoming little girl. Good luck!
Post a Comment