Thursday, June 21, 2007

Brave dude, mad momma

Before I tell my mad momma story, I just wanted to throw in a pic of Bennett asking for a bike ride. Classic.




On Monday I took Bennett to a HUGE park. It ranks up there with the coolest parks I've ever seen. Lots of play equipment for bigs and littles. In the center of the park there is a huge tower that the kids climb up and two tube slides that are easily two stories high. Very cool. I went down the slide once with Bennett on my lap and he had so much fun!!!! The next time we went up, Bennett pointed me to one of the slides and I sat down and turned around to grab him and put him in my lap. But instead, he ran over to the other slide and jumped on it all by himself! I flew down my slide as fast as I could and I was able to see him come out the bottom of his slide. He was laughing SO HARD! That little guy is fearless!!!!

So here's what made me really mad. We were just about to go down the slide again when a little girl (probably about 7 or 8) totally cut us off and even pushed Bennett slightly to get in front of us. Ok, that was rude. But before she flew down the slide, she turned around and gave me this mean look and said "Old lady."

OLD LADY??? Excuse me? If she hadn't flown down a two story slide just then, I would have pounded her face in. By the time I got down to the bottom, the little snot had run away. I can't believe I got "old ladied". I'm so humiliated. Am I really an old lady? I hadn't given a second thought tothe fact that my big 3-0 birthday coming up this fall but now I feel like I'm wearing it like a bag of bricks. I got old ladied. In my twenties. Ouch. Maybe I'm sagging and wrinkling and I just don't see it yet. I might as well just start getting hot flashes and hypertension right now. Put me out of my misery! Oh the agony!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Old Lady, you ain't seen nothin' yet. That Bennett is quite the little guy. He'll either keep you young or age you fast.

Andrea said...

Great. I got 'old ladied' twice in one week. Thanks a LOT mom. You just made me sag a little more.

Lindsay said...

What a little snot! I bet her mother is worse. She could have used a good pounding!

Jami said...

I love the way you described it as getting "old ladied." That's funny. And REALLY annoying.

Anonymous said...

I loved your story, but I wondered where you got my picture.

It is a great live. It just gets better all the time.