Ok fine. I'll say something. Not like it's by popular demand though. I'm sure the last person looked at this blog about a month ago. If that. Including me. hehe. Admittedly I will never make my fame and fortune by being a cool blogger. I'm sure I've lost my HUGE blog audience due to my lack of posts. I'm pretty sure I was on the brink of fame until my blog took a dive and got moldy and stale. I'm sure of it. But, alas, I must continue. So, even though I am posting to the internet world of nobody...I will press forward.
So now that I'm back, I'm gonna blow your socks off by showing off my SWEET new ride--the Jamis Commuter 3.0. I was inspired by Jeff's drawing and I just had to share....

Look, I'm not trying to make everyone jealous. Please try to control the envy. I know it's gonna be hard---especially for grandmas and other old folks. Seriously.
But this bike rocks. It actually came to me in a dream. It's that good. One night a few weeks ago, I woke up and told Keith that I had a awesome dream where I was riding around on a cruiser bike. The next thing I know, Keith has researched the sweetest cruiser bike in the world. This baby has a Nexus internal hub so there is virtually no maintenance required. It shifts as smooth as butta. European mustache handlebars. 8 gears. No bending over. It rides like a dream. This is the ultimate grocery getter. How could you possibly haul a kid around on anything else?? And Bennett LOVES it! This was a real conversation with Bennett first thing this morning...
Bennett: "Mommy where are you?"
Bennett is laying in bed, trying to wake me up. After a while, I drag myself out of bed to go get him.
Me: "Hi love!" I open the door and walk into his room.
Bennett: "Daddy? Where Daddy go?"
Me: "Nice to see you too honey."
Bennett: "Bike ride?"
And so the day begins.
Bennett usually wears his helmet around the house to try to talk me into taking him for a ride. He's constantly asking. I'm easily convinced but it's just so funny to see him get all excited. We usually ride to the park at least once a day and you can see us cruising just about anywhere in Lansdowne on it. Keith is a convert to this bike as well. It's such a sweet cruiser that he prefers this one over his other bike anyday. I think secretly he just can't stand riding without a basket anymore.
So there you have it folks. My sweet ride. And if you come for a visit, I just might let you take a spin on it.

6 comments:
Nice ride! I am totally jealous. A basket, fenders...lucky! With those skinny wheels, you have the speed of a road bike, but the comfort of, um, not-a-road-bike. I like it and I am going to take you up on the offer to ride it if I can find a way to get out there. I love the that Bennett is so psyched on bikes, too. What a little stud!
A great bike. It was good to have your blog back up. Thanks.
I hope to take a ride, and with Bennett. Love you
See? Aren't baskets the best? It used to be so uncool that I had a basket, but now...
I am definitely green with envy. I love that its black- it makes it less grandma and more wicked witch of the west. Not that you are the witch, people will just think you bought it from her.
So funny that you wrote about cruisers because I was thumbing though some bike catalog at my parent's house just a few days ago and the thing was FULL of these cruiser bikes (okay...I'll admit, they looked like grandma bikes) with these hot babe-type people riding them along the beach while wearing swim-wear. Really...when did "wicked witch of the west" bikes become cool? Who knows...I don't even bike. This much I DO know...if it's cool, the Cards will be on top of it! Thanks for helping me stay 'in the know' about stuff like that! :) Happy riding! -Adri
P.S. Where, exactly, does Bennett sit???
Andrea- I want you to know that Trenton and I look at your blog regularly, even when you don't post. I have to make sure that Trenton remembers little Bennett!
Post a Comment