Saturday, April 07, 2007

Cookin up some bad habits

First of all, can I just say....neener neener!!!!!! Ha ha. You guys are suckers! :)


So we're in the hitting stage right now. When does this end??!! Bennett throws these little tantrums every now and then and swings punches at whatever is in range. Usually that 'whatever' happens to be me. It's so frustrating. I'm working on getting it under control but it's really annoying. Luckily, he doesn't seem to pull that card too often in public. In fact, now that I think about it, it usually happens right before lunch or dinner. Ok, never mind. I guess I figured it out. I'll just feed him earlier.


But he has this OTHER more public problem that is REALLY embarrassing. He likes to play "horsey". This involves taking some kid to the floor and piling on top of them and saying "horsey?". Usually the kid underneath Bennett is screaming and/or flailing desperately in hopes of rescue. Or, in other cases, the kid goes into shock and makes no noise. Or possibly they are being suffocated. In such a case, Bennett so innocently saying "horsey?" is the only clue. Look, I swear I'm NOT sitting on Bennett at home. I don't know where he gets it!!!


While I'm at it, I might as well expose some of the other bad habits that we are teaching him. Or at least, that he gets away with while we run for the camera. :)

Bennett is turning into quite a cook. He was "helping" me make rice crispy treats recently. He took a bite out of every single marshmallow before throwing them in the pan. Classic.









This one needs no explaining. This teaching by example thing is getting tough!!!!




And finally, Bennett found a keychain the other day that has Napolean Dynamite saying favorite movie quotes. It's was so funny to hear Bennett say "Cops!" and "Liger". He also tried to say "I like your sleeves, they're real big." He didn't pull that one off so well though. But the one that had us really nervous/laughing was "freakin idiot!" Seriously, who would let their kid say that? We're so bad.... Ok, we took the toy away. But it was still really funny for a minute.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's tough when someone is watching everything you do! It takes the fun out of those things we probably shouldn't do, but do anyway.

Anonymous said...

I think it is so funny that we have to teach children not to do things we do all the time. Little stuff that really isn't well behaved, and we probably shouldn't do it, but we do it.

If kids only knew what adults get away with...they would be very jealous or totally revolt!

Jami said...

This post is way funny! I'm excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks!