Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Good riddance

I've never been a big fan of winter. Especially since moving to PA. Snow just doesn't have the same enchantment as it used to. Probably because in a big city, snow is just a nuisance. It turns cruddy black about 2 hours after it falls. And it's not like it makes for a pretty snow capped mountain view. There are no hills to speak of around here, much less mountains. Our views are of city skylines. Snow doesn't really add to the ambiance there. And after our trip to Utah filled with gorgeous spring weather, we were greeted in Philly with the remnants of a classic East Coast ice storm. Blech.

So naturally, I'm so happy to see winter leave. Even though spring officially started last Wednesday, yesterday was our first REAL t-shirt weather. I can't tell you how great that is! So, I don't want to jinx myself, but I'm thinking the snow is gone for good around here. So, I'll give you a peek at our last good storm. Adios winter. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out....












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Winter hasn't quite left Utah, however. Snow today. But, it's pretty much melted now. That's the beauty of a spring snowfall. It's always interesting to see the snow on the daffodils and the new tree buds.

Anonymous said...

It was good to see the pictures and enjoy your blog. We miss you.

Shannon said...

Snow? Winter?
I don't even know what that is...
:p