I'm the worst mom EVER!!! Seriously, I won the contest on this one.
First of all is the fact that the cupboards are bare at home. Seriously, Mother Hubbard lives with me. I gotta quit this job SOON so I can go grocery shopping more than once a month! Anyways, on Sunday I made a PB&J sandwich for Bennett and he happily enjoyed his grub. Later that day, Keith took out a piece of bread and as he was fixing his food, I realized that it was MOLDY!! I'm talking green fuzz all over the crust mold. Poor Bennett had a p-nut butter and MOLD sandwich. EWWWW! Then, the next day, I packed Bennett's lunch for school with the few leftovers in the fridge. When I picked him up from school, his teacher had written a note saying the yogurt I had brought for lunch was bad. It was 2 weeks expired and it smelled! How embarrasing!!! (sigh)
So I went to the grocery store last night and I am committed to giving Bennett only food that is mold free and that has enough chemicals and preservatives so that it has a shelf life of at least a decade. This ought to keep him healthy, right?
As bad as this all sounds, at least I won something. Worst mom EVER. Hooray.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
It's official....
Posted by Andrea at 8:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Well, all my kids ate that way at one time or another and they survived. In fact, it gives them extra antibodies and makes them tough. Anyway, you are a GREAT mom--Bennett gets lots of hugs and kisses and love.
Andrea, you're too hard on yourself. I have actually FORGOTTEN to feed my kids before, then wondered why the heck they were so grumpy. We all feel like the world's worst parent sometimes. You are a wonderful mother! I am interested to hear more about your job situation. Keep us posted!
No way. I've got way worse stories.
A day after going to the beach, the kids found the sandwiches in the cooler and asked if they could eat them. I said yes, so they did. I remembered making pbj's but turns out I'd made ham and cheese. Luckily they didn't get sick. Then there were the worms in the rice that we didn't notice until AFTER we ate it (and fed it to the missionaries) or the maggots in Shelby's high chair... You've got a lot of catching up to do before you can take that award away from ME. :)
I am unable to one up your story seeing as I don't have any littles yet. I can say that I have eaten a moldy sandwich myself and not known it until after the fact.
Unrelated to food matters, I won't even get started on the instances where I almost killed my nieces and nephews (don't worry- they were my sister's kids )
Boy am I scared for my future children!
You're definitely not the worst mom ever. I have those moments though, a lot more than I'd like. It stinks.
Post a Comment