I must be crazy. In fact, I think I have no doubt in my own mind that I am. Crazy. You see, I went on a business trip last week to Columbus, Ohio. Ok, no problem--been there, done that. But this time, I took Bennett. Crazy. 
I think this was the most insane thing I have ever done. IT SUCKED. I can't believe how hard it was to get on an airplane by myself! I had so much STUFF! I had my bag, Bennett's bag, car seat, stroller, diaper bag, laptop, purse, plus coats, not to mention the baby himself, AND I always had to know where my ID was! I had to park, haul my stuff out of the car, get it in the shuttle, get it out of the shuttle, get it to the check-in counter, check it in, haul other stuff to security, basically strip naked and with one hand (baby in the other) pull my laptop out of the bag, collapse the stroller, take off my shoes, our coats, neatly pack them into the plastic bins, and not hold up the line at the same time. Then, I had to reorganize myself on the other end 15 seconds later! All this and I haven't even gotten on the stupid plane yet! Without going into more painful detail, I will say that the plane was a small commuter plane where 55 people are crammed into something no wider than my Honda Civic and about as long as our big old family van--or at least it seems like it. Needless to say, all this was a bad idea. I was throwing out tips at the airport like a celebrity just to get people to help me. I hope I NEVER have to do this again.
Oh, wait. It's March. I'm going to Utah this week. By myself. Oh no......
See all ya'll on Thursday!
Saturday, March 04, 2006
Crazy
Posted by Andrea at 7:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What a cute passenger! Luckily, you'll have people to meet you. Hopefully, it won't be so bad. In fact, it will be so good that you'll want to do it again and again. See you soon. We can't wait.
That is SO cute. I wish we were on the same plane...I'll be there to help you unload after you get off the plane, though. :) Can't wait!
LOL! That is dang funny. Airports are funny. Hey, look on the bright side-At least it's not all the way across the country! Ha ha. By the way, nice convincing propaganda mom.
I'm still getting used to having my hands full whenever I do anything. Nothing is as easy as it used to be.....good thing they're so cute!
Andrea, I feel your pain about traveling with kids. I got a little anxious and sweaty just reading your post! Those are some dark memories in the archives for me. Anyway, it is Thursday morning and you are probably in the air right now so I'm sending out good thoughts! Can't wait to see you.
Post a Comment