Sunday, February 12, 2012

Man Fail

I am seriously convinced that I have the most AMAZING husband in the world. He is incredibly kind, loving, thoughtful, helpful around the house, compliments me regularly, thinks I'm beautiful, etc, etc, ETC!

For reals, he is the bomb.

So his Man Fail today DOES NOT reflect his normal character. But it cracked me up so much that I can't resist laughing publicly about it.

So, Sunday mornings. They're crazy right? We have church at 9:00 am and it's always a mad house getting out the door in time. This morning, being the AMAZING and THOUGHTFUL husband that he is, Keith let me sleep in. He got up with the kids and played with them quietly so I could snooze a little longer. See people? I am the luckiest girl in the world--times ten.

So I lazily roll out of bed at 7:45 and look at the clock. Yikes!!! We had one hour to be out the door. And so the mad rush begins. I got one kid in the shower, fed breakfast to the others, got clothes laid out, baby changed, and jumped in the shower myself. I was rushing to dry my hair and put on a mess of makeup while Keith was casually finishing up with his tie. He looked at me and this conversation ensued:

Keith: "Can I do anything for you?"
Me: "I'm starving."
Keith: "Let me fix you breakfast."
Me: "No, it's ok. I'll grab something before we leave."
Keith: "This isn't about what you can do. It's about letting me do something nice for YOU. I want to show you how much I appreciate you." (for reals, he said this--my heart melts for this man.)
Me: "Awww, thanks! How about a bowl of granola?"
Keith: "Sure thing."

I continue getting ready. Minutes pass and my stomach growls. "Keith!" I call from the bathroom, my hair connected to a curling device. I imagined a bowl of granola and milk sitting on the table getting soggy from minutes of waiting.

I hear kids playing and realize Keith probably can't hear my plea for breakfast. He must have thought I would come eat in the kitchen, but I don't have time. I need to eat while I'm getting ready.

I rush out to the kitchen anticipating my soggy bowl of granola.

When I get to the kitchen, I see Keith sitting at the computer with a tall glass of soda on ice next to him. He's all ready for church and just chillin'.

Me: "Where's that bowl of cereal?"
Keith: "Oh, it's on the counter."

I look on the counter and see two bags of unopened granola sitting there.

Me: "Huh?"
Keith casually looks up from the computer. "I didn't know what you wanted."

He was stumped by the two different flavors of granola and gave up.

So his genuine concern and "wanting to show much he appreciates me" was taking two bags of granola out of the cupboard and setting them on the counter.

Man Fail!

Perhaps there is an underlying message about how he really feels....but I'm going with it's the thought that counts.

(Happy Valentines Week, Keith! I love you more than rocks! xoxo)

3 comments:

shannon said...

That's really cute. :)

Adri said...

So funny! Still love you, Keith...what is it with dad's and getting ready for church? Leisure for them, craziness for us.

Linn said...

Awesome! The best part is that he honestly just wanted to do the best thing for you. At least in his mind. Husbands are the best--they just are!