This is not a fancy blog set to music, so play along with me and hum John Cash's version of the song Hurt to yourself while reading this.
Again it is about a trail run. Well, a trail run/wade. A trail run/wade/icebreak to be perfectly honest.
After my last effort I had to cross state lines to organize a trail run. 1800 miles away I found people who were willing to put up with my antics and go for a nice little run in central Utah. The trail is 16 miles long. It crosses the San Rafael river 16 times. Not a big deal right? The hurt started when we got out of Dave's truck with the thermometer pegged at 14. Fahrenheit. 
The road ends where the river starts. Try that for a little morning wake up. Go from a warm heated truck to 32.01 degree water, Barefoot. Focus on the pain, it was real...
But running the 16 miles through my empire of dirt.. (and rock and water and ice) was well worth the pain.
Sunday, December 06, 2009
Hurt
Posted by Andrea at 9:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I really love running, even trail running, but sometimes I think you are insane.
that's great Andrea, when did you do that? When are you going to be in Utah? Let me know, we can't wait to see you guys!
Hey Keith, I bet there are some trails that just involve dirt, not freezing water . . . of all the people who should be kinder to their feet . . .
But at least you didn't have to bring the pepper spray! (Or the search and rescue!)
Miss you guys.
Post a Comment