Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Leaving

I'm just about to put the computer away for a couple of days. The house is empty except for a box of cleaning supplies and our vacuum. It feels so weird. This house holds so many memories for me. Seven years. Keith became a doctor in this house. Both of my babies were born here. This is the only house they've ever known. Bad times, good times. Really hot times. (Have I mentioned that I can't wait for the central air in our new house!!)

And now this house is an empty shell. No longer mine. Goodbye little house. I'll miss you.



And if Keith were doing the talking...good riddance!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I hated this dump since the beginning. I cannot wait to take off the shackles!
Keith

Mindy said...

I've been sad to leave every house I've ever lived in (except maybe our recent rental--good riddance to the flooding basement and lingering mice problem!!). I guess I should just say, I've been sad to leave every house we've owned. I honestly shed tears pulling away from our little Indiana house, but didn't shed ANY saying goodbye to my friends! Homes hold so many memories.

You guys are in for so much greatness ahead--I am so happy for you! Good luck with the move!

Emily and Austin Gray said...

Thanks for being such good friends to the Gray family!! We have a lot of great memories of that Lansdowne house of yours including eating trucker special omelets on New Years; eating hot pot or other Asian specialties, playing Mille Bournes or simplying marveling at house Keith could transform a very average twin house with stencils everywhere into one coolest houses in Delaware County. We hate to see you move further away but you can count on us checking out the lake house sometime soon.

Love from,
Austin, Emily, Lucy & Gavin

parkinfamily said...

We will miss you guys!

Linn said...

Oh, I totally relate. I get so excited to move on to the new adventure, but when it comes time to leave, I suddenly feel so sad. This is going to be harder than others because we have lived here years (okay two, but it sounded dramatic) longer than any other place. Maybe I'll just pay attention to the gas prices on the drive out and my sadness will fade away. Travel safely. Can't wait to see you back online.

The Busby Family said...

Good luck with the move. I hope to see you in Kentucky. Too bad we didnt' see you more often when you were closer. It was so much fun going to the aquarium with you.

Anonymous said...

so you're really gonna do it!? i thought maybe, just maybe, you'd change your minds and stay!! :)
have fun on the move, let us know you got there safely, and we'll talk soon!

yamsey said...

I have been feeling the same nostalgia about leaving our house too. John tells me that he never really liked this house but he loves our new one. I will always love our old house for the reasons you named. This was our first home, where our kids were born and grew up to the monkeys they are now. I think as moms and women the home is our domain so it is only natural for us to form deeper attachments to our houses no matter the condition.
Good luck with the move! We are going to miss you guys!! It feels like the end of an era.

Angie said...

I always have such mixed feelings when we move-sadness and nostalgia for what we are leaving and excitement for what we are beginning. Good luck!

Angie said...

I always have such mixed feelings when we move-sadness and nostalgia for what we are leaving and excitement for what we are beginning. Good luck!