I am reposting a pic from our Washington trip. Does anything look odd here? Maybe that big furry thing in the background? 
Hi bear.
We ran across this little dude on our Labor Day hike. Well, he wasn't that little. But he wasn't super big either. We figured we could tackle him if he came charging at us. Or at least out run him.
Just kidding. No people or animals were harmed during this adventure.
We actually went looking for this bear in a way. Just as we started off on our hike, a few parties were returning and all of them said there was a bear about 3/4 mile ahead. We asked if they had seen it but none of them had. What, was there a sign up there? How could all these people know about a bear but no one see it? We kept going for a while. Just when I figured we had gone about 3/4 mile, I wondered if we should start singing real loud so as not to startle the imaginary bear. But right then, some people popped around the bend and said there was a bear. Again, we asked if they had seen it and they said yes--it's RIGHT around the corner. They didn't look like they had been mauled so we peeked around the corner for a look. This bear was off the path a little ways in a huge blueberry patch just mowing down berries. We watched him for a few minutes and he didn't even bother to look up at us. He could have cared less that we were standing less than 100 feet away. Another group came by so we got to take a family picture with the bear. How often do you get to pose with a bear? : )
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Take another look at this
Posted by Andrea at 8:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You Cards are so calm and collected- around a bear! When Jeff and I had our run in with a bear hiking this summer, I about wet my pants!
That bear knew not to mess with Keith and the Gorrilla grip.....
That is pretty cool. I would have been totally freaked out.
That's so funny that you reposted this picture. When I first saw it on your former post, I thought it looked like a bear, but since you didn't say anything about it I thought it must be a log or something! Duh.
We saw a baby bear running in a field in Jackson right near the finish line of LOTOJA. We love to see wildlife.
Post a Comment