Sunday, January 21, 2007

8.more.days

8 days. 8 WORK days, that is. I only have 8 more work days until I can kiss my career goodbye. Do you think it's too late to change my mind???

OK, I'm definitely not changing my mind. But I'm still pretty nervous about doing the mom thing full-time. What if I'm not good at it? What if my house becomes a complete wreck and I get all depressed because I never change out of my pajamas? What if I never teach Bennett the alphabet? What if I am bored out of my MIND????

Don't get me wrong. I'm super excited to stay home with Bennett. I gave my notice to my job in September(!) so this has been in the works for quite a while. But now it's so close. It's actually going to happen. This is my LAST full week of work. Then on the 31st I'm walking away. No more 1-hour commute. No more screaming, hungry, tired little guy in the back seat while being stuck in traffic. No more cramming every possible errand into Saturdays because there's no time during the week. No more getting home from a long, tiring day and thinking--"We have nothing to eat!" No more catching every friggin germ from the daycare.

I have high expectations of myself as a full-time mom. I want to take guitar lessons. I want to take a baby swim class with Bennett. I want to take him to the zoo and the park and the beach and tons of places that I've never had time to show him. I want to do art projects and playgroups and library story times. Oh, the list is soooo long!

But what if I never get out of my pajamas?

8 more days.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Annie--You are a great mom and will continue to be a great mom! Good luck in your new adventure. (And, if there are days you never make it out of your pajamas, at least you'll be comfy.)

Anonymous said...

Andrea, Three to five Kids are what will keep you busy - keep your house a wreck - and you to tired to care - We love you and are happy for you. You are a great Mom and Wife.

Anonymous said...

pajamas are so in. throw on your uggs and go to all those places. Not a single person will notice. Can't wait to spend my days off with you both. We have to go to the beach a lot when it gets warmer!!

Jami said...

I reserve my pajamas-all-day for only very special occasions: pregnancy (just the first four months). Seriously though, I bet life will keep you busier than you expect, especially if you have lots of things you are planning to do with your free time! :) It's fun!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a stepping stone.
I can't believe you only gave your employer four months notice. How about giving them a little time to find your replacement- come on!

Anonymous said...

You will not be good at it. Your house will become a complete wreck. You will get depressed and stay in your pajamas. You will be bored out of your mind.
SOMETIMES.
I'm pretty sure it's that way already, right? No one is perfect. There are good days and bad days. But overall, it is a wonderful amazing adventure. I'm so excited for you!

Mindy said...

Amen to all that's been said. I am so happy for you! Keep busy, and don't be too hard on yourself. I am excited to hear your stories from this new chapter in your life.