Sunday, September 09, 2012

Bennett Turns SEVEN

Birthday parties for kids are the stuff of dreams.  You can't help but be excited for a kid's birthday party after it's all they talk about for almost a year.  This party was highly anticipated for Bennett.  I think it lived up to his expectations.  


We had a science party, complete with Keith the mad scientist.  The kids (and their suddenly concerned parents) were greeted at the door by Keith's crazy antics and bubbling potions.  







We only invited Bennett's primary class at church but even that was over 12 kids!  It was absolute chaos.  :)  We started with some science coloring pages while we waited for all the kids to arrive.




Then we headed outside for the real fun and Keith demonstrated science in action.  There was elephant toothpaste where we talked about chemical reactions, a volcano to discuss rocks and explosions, an asteroid hunt, a discussion of aerodynamics and airplanes....and a change of proper safety gear each time for the mad scientist.





And the biggest and best explosion of all!!!  Coke and mentos, baby.


Bryce discovered the aftermath and did a little experimenting of his own:



  
And finally, the cake!  The cake looked like this going into the oven:


And turned into this when I was done!



I love my big SEVEN year old!  Happy Birthday Bennett!

4 comments:

Adri said...

You done good. :)

Terra said...

That looks like such a fun party! Keith is the perfect mad scientist. Bennett is so lucky to have such cool parents!

Emily and Austin Gray said...

Awesome! I wish we could get the Mad Scientist to come for our birthday parties!

The Busby Family said...

Happy late birthday Bennett!!! I just Love that cake, nice job!!! What a great idea! miss you!