Tuesday, December 06, 2011

A few recent happenings

November was busy. Crazy busy. In the beginning of the month, I took the two littles to Utah for nearly two weeks and left Keith and Bennett at home. I got to have an amazing few days (kid free!!) with some of my dear friends on my first weekend there and spent the following weekend in St. George with my mom/sisters at Time Out For Women. Oh. My. Goodness.....having a few days (or in my case, eight) without kids is sort of make-your-head-explode awesome. I LOVED it! Thanks mom and dad for taking care of my kids while I played! In so many ways, it recharged me. What a blast.

Here's what else we've been up to:

The kids had fun with Grandpa while I was out partying:


My brother won the election and is now the mayor of Ogden:


After I got home from my trip, Keith left for Kentucky to work on the house (again--enough already!!!). But he did fit in a trail marathon with a good friend:


And to top off the month, we had the greatest Thanksgiving EVER. Thanks to my sister, she hooked us up with an amazing beach house. Enjoying a few days with my sister, eating turkey, pie and looking at this view gives feelings of Thanksgiving like I've never known:



And now, is it Christmas already???

2 comments:

Linn said...

Um, eight days? Awesome!

Yeah for your brother, I'm not surprised.

And how come my view didn't look like that on Thanksgiving?

Bitter.

Shannon said...

November was good. :)